Annual General Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday 21 June 2014 at 10.30am at Friends Meeting House, 173-177 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ. The theme of the meeting will be “The Future of Treatment for Oesophageal and Gastric Cancer” and we are planning to have speakers talking about future developments in diagnosis, treatments and after care. We hope that this will attract as many members as possible. The venue is directly opposite Euston station in London to make it easier for those who will be travelling to London by train.
The AGM will also vote on some changes to the constitution that have been agreed by the Charity Commission. These changes will primarily be:
- widening the scope so that we offer support to patients with any related condition rather than being confined to oesophageal and gastric cancer
- making it possible to promote relevant research (eg digestive disorders after surgery)
- clarifying that we can collaborate with other charities for relevant purposes (eg Awareness Campaign)
- clarifying that we can appoint people to special positions (eg Life President, Patron)
- clarifying that members of the national committee act as Trustees
- clarifying that carers are full members of the OPA.
If anybody has any queries about the proposed changes, please contact the Chairman John Talbot at email@example.com
RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.