Acid Reflux Friendly Recipe: Black Bean Burger
Black beans are packed with protein and fibre, which makes them a very healthy addition to your diet. They are also an excellent low-calorie alternative to meat when you are in the mood for a “burger.” Tortilla chips and cilantro give this recipe a southwestern flair, which we enhanced with eggs, green pepper, and a variety of GERD friendly seasonings. When forming the patties, be sure to pack them together firmly, and chill in the fridge, so they don’t fall apart when flipped. So moist and tasty, even meat eaters will love them.
Recipe serves 6
2-15 ounce cans black beans drained
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
2 TBSP Flour
2 TBSP minced cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup baked tortilla chips, crushed
1/4 cup vegetable oil,
Divided pineapple slices
6 whole wheat buns
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with 3 layers of paper towels and spread the drained beans over them and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash drained beans, add eggs, flour, seasonings and crushed tortilla chips.
- Shape into 6 patties, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in a nonstick skillet. Carefully place 3 burgers into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until crisp.
- Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining 3 burgers.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with GERD friendly condiments, top with pineapple.
Nutritional information per serving: 360 calories, 1 g sat fat, 697 mg sodium
This recipe is from Reflux MD - https://www.refluxmd.com/acid-reflux-friendly-recipe-black-bean-burger/?utm_source=RefluxMD+MASTER&utm_campaign=7ad4e70350-AUTOMATION_Masterlist_Automation_56&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_589b0d1b5f-7ad4e70350-79187922