Is Surgery Right for You?
There are many reasons patients consider surgery as an alternative to medical therapy.
- Are you dependent on medication to manage your reflux disease symptoms?
- Do you continue to suffer reflux disease symptoms while on medication?
- Is your reflux disease affecting your quality of life? (Examples: poor sleep, inability to tolerate certain foods, inability to participate in daily activities)
- Are you concerned about the long term use of drugs to treat your reflux disease?
- Are you concerned about the long term risks of serious complications from your reflux disease
Talk with your consultant about your treatment options if your consultant determines you are not responding to medication.