Grilled chicken breasts - Acid reflux recipe
This GERD friendly "hot off the grill" recipe sizzles with the rustic flavour of fresh sage leaves. We tuck the sage leaves and other seasonings under the skin of the bone-on breasts, which keeps the meat flavourful and juicy. You can enjoy grilled chicken with the skin on – or you can remove it if you are looking for a lower calorie main course. It’s perfect for a spur of the moment get together, not just in the summertime, but also throughout the year! It’s delicious too – so expect some rave reviews!
Makes 4 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds split chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 TBSP margarine
- 1 TBSP fresh sage leaves
- In a small bowl, mix together margarine, sage and turmeric
- Separate skin from meat with fingertips and rub equal amounts of seasoning mixture under skin of each breast
- Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat, and cook about 25 to 30 minutes, flipping over once or until temperature reaches 170.
Nutritional ingredients per serving: Calories 325, Sat Fat 4 g, Sodium 390 mg
Let us know how your grilled chicken turns out and post a photo on our Facebook page.
Courtesy of http://www.refluxmd.com/